What We Do with the Information We Collect
As examples of how we may use Personal Information that we collect, we use Personal Information in the following ways:
- Information Provided by You Upon Registration and Making a Purchase Online or at Our Stores. We may use this Personal Information to administer your access to a Site, verify your identity, and provide our products or services to you.
- Information Provided When You Contact Us. We may use this Personal Information to understand and respond to your question or comment.
- Passively Collected Information. We use passively collected information to monitor and maintain the performance of our Sites, analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our services, validate users and ensure their technological compatibility with users, and optimize our marketing efforts.
- Aggregate data We may use your Personal Information to create aggregate data which does not include any Personal Information and which cannot be used to identify you. For example, aggregate data may include data that describes the general demographics, usage or other characteristics of a Site’s users. We reserve the right to transfer and/or sell aggregate or group data about a Site’s users for lawful purposes.
With Whom We Share the Information We Collect
We may share your Personal Information within Thaw, which includes all Thaw subsidiaries and affiliates. Thaw may use this information to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you. We may share the information we collect with our banking partner. We reserve the right to transfer and/or sell other data, including aggregate or de-identified data derived from Personal Information, for lawful purposes in our discretion.
- We may share Personal Information with affiliated businesses.
- Service Providers. We, like many businesses, sometimes hire other companies ("Service Providers") to perform certain business-related functions. Examples include mailing information, maintaining databases, and hosting services. When we employ a Service Provider to perform a function of this nature, we provide it with the information that it needs to perform its specific function, which may include Personal Information and other information that you provide to us via a Site. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Third Parties for Marketing and Other Purposes. We may share with selected third party partners, including for their direct marketing purposes (please see below for your choices related to this sharing).
- Legal Requirements. We may disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a subpoena or similar legal obligation, (b) protect and defend our rights or property, (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of any Site or the public, (d) protect against legal liability, or (e) or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
- Business Transfers. As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, total or partial sale of assets in bankruptcy or similar event, Personal Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to you from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our Sites. When you interact with content from our partners displayed on our Site, please be aware that you are providing your Personal Information to these third parties and it will be governed by their respective privacy policies.